- Digital Matters graduate fellowship, The University of Utah, fall 2019
- Dorys Crow Grover Award (outstanding graduate paper), The Western Literature Association, 2019
- Louis Owens Award (fostering diversity), The Western Literature Association, 2019
- Clarence Snow graduate fellowship, The University of Utah, 2017–2019
- Andrews Foundation Research Award (thesis excellence), Cleveland State University, 2015
- Graduate Award for Outstanding Scholarship, Cleveland State University, 2015
- Society of Cinema and Media Studies (SCMS), 2019–present
- The Western Literature Association (WLA), 2019–present
- Fan Studies Network–North America (FSN-NA), 2018–present
- The Popular Culture Association (PCA), 2015–present
- HASTAC, 2014–present
- Co-investigator with Dawn Walls-Thumma, Tolkien fandom social media survey. IRB application pending.
- Facilitator, discussion of Gretchen McCulloch’s Because Internet: Understanding the New Rules of Language, Digital Matters media studies reading group, University of Utah. Jan. 2020.
- Facilitator, workshop “Re-envisioning Digital Scholarship with Scalar, Digital Matters, University of Utah, Oct. 2019. Summary and resources at: https://github.com/MAlberto9/ScalarWorkshop